ss_blog_claim=8bb4a7b19e24f394c9547210ae911b81

Friday, May 22, 2009

Dell's Della:Dell's Marketing For Women




Since one of my readers asked my opinion of the Dell Della's, I figured why not make a post about it? So here it is!

As many of you may or may not know, I love computers. Take me to a computer store and I could spend hours there. But when I first read about the Della site, I thought hmm...are they trying to make us women seem prissy? Which I suppose to a degree, we all can be-but can't we women also be tech savvy? Like what woman really needs software to count calories? Hello! Dell needed to get a clue.

Well thanks to their backlash, they got a clue! They edited their marketing plan and it is a bit more friendly. Now on to my favorite part-the techie stuff!

These cute Dell's Inspiron Mini(or netbooks, as I call them)are colorful and fun! They are slim, which is great for us ladies. They offer 3 options, though I would choose the Mini 10(more hard drive space and a bit bigger screen for the same price as the Mini 12). They all are pretty standard for netbooks and maybe even a bit more pricey than your other models.

As a total, I do feel that the Dell's Della site is still a bit too forward in their marketing for us women. As for their netbooks(or Mini's as they call them), they sound like a great computer.